miércoles, 24 de septiembre de 2014

Psalm 26


 

A Psalm of David.

 

  Audio

 

Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity:
I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.
Examine me, O Lord, and prove me;
try my reins (H3629) and my heart.
For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes:
and I have walked in thy truth.

I have not sat with vain persons,
neither will I go in with dissemblers.
I have hated the congregation of evil doers;
and will not sit with the wicked.
I will wash mine hands in innocency:
so will I compass thine altar, O Lord:
7 * that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving,
and tell of all thy wondrous works.

Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house,
and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
Gather not my soul with sinners,
nor my life with bloody men:
10 in whose hands is mischief,
and their right hand is full of bribes.

11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity:
redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
12 My foot standeth in an even place:
* in the congregations will I bless the Lord.


Some commentaries said that probably David was being falsely accused when he wrote this Psalm
  

Outline

A Prayer for Divine Scrutiny and Redemption


1. Examine me, O Lord: (vs.1-3)

a)  In this psalm David asked God to examine him. We notice that his integrity was based in his faith or trust in God. He recognizes that he wouldn't slip and fall (slide) because of God's lovingkindness. (vs.1). (Prov. 7:8), Psalm 25:1-5.
     
b)  He asked God to do a deep examination, to try his reins (mind), (H3629) and his heart. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matthew5:8).

If we pay attention and clean our heart first, then we will fix the problems of a corrupt communication, evil thoughts and bad deeds. Because purity of heart will be reflected in our life.

c)  Again we notice David's confidence was not on his own righteousness, or in his own wisdom; David was walking in God's truth and the lovingkindness (mercy 149x H2617) of God was considered in his daily walk. He had revelation that God's mercy was "from everlasting to everlasting" (Psalm 103:17, 1 Chronicles 16/Psalm 105).  (vs.3)


2. Set apart unto God. (vs.4-7)


a)  He didn't sit or had company with the vain, dissemblers (who hide, conceal H5956), nor the evil doers or the wicked. "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful" Psalm 1:1. (vs.4-5)
According with the Scriptures, we are to be separated unto God, not only from carnal sin but also from spiritual contamination (like unbiblical doctrines) (2 Cor. 7: 1, 6:14-17 ;1 Tim.4:1).  We are commanded to hold fast to the same doctrine that was taught by the apostles (Titus 1:9, 2 Tim 1: 13, etc).

b)  I will wash mine hands in innocency (Deuteronomy 21:6-8). (vs.6)

c)  "that I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving,
and tell of all thy wondrous works". King David loved to worship God and sing praises to Him. (vs.7)


3. Loving God's Presence (vs.8-10)

a)  "I have loved the habitation of thy house,
and the place where thine honour dwelleth"
David said that he loved the place where they put the ark of the covenant because God's presence was there. Lev. 16:2


b)  He was keeping himself separated from sin & bad influences (the world). To be set apart unto God doesn't mean to be isolated but to be different from the world, to be dedicated to God, because we belong to Him alone & because He is Holy. Luke 6:22, Romans 6:13, 1 Peter 1:15, John 15: 19, James 4:4.
 

(Examples of unbiblical doctrines: http://artsmp.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67  , http://www.iamonetruth.com/new_ark_introduction.html )


4. David confirms his walk in integrity. (vs.11-12)

a)  David was confident his foot wouldn't stumble because God was his Rock.

Our foot is on a solid foundation: Jesus Christ and His Holy Word.
Psalm 62:7, 78:35, 2 Sam.22:1, 32, Rom.9:33; 1 Pet.2:6-7.
Jesus had redeemed us from the bondage that this world wants to put us under. 

b)  In the congregation (publicly) I will bless God. "Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious." Psalm 66:2.  Jesus is worthy of all our praises!!.  Every time we worship & adore Him we should make sure we are giving him our best. When we worship Him publicly is like we are inviting others to join us to worship together the King of kings, He is so WORTHY, He deserves all our adoration and even more!!






We praise you Lord, we bless you, there is none like you!!
We love you Jesus, we bless your Holy Name !!
Thank you for your Word O Lord, thank you for you Holy Spirit that guide us, thanks for your precious blood that washes us from all sin.  
There are not enough words in this world to tell you how awesome you are Lord Jesus!! We praise you.. we adore you, you are Holy, Holy, Holy!  I bow before you my beautiful King. Thank you so much for everything you have done and keep doing for all of us. Thank you Lord for your great love, for you mercy that endures for ever!! I praise you, I praise you, I bless you my Lord & King!!



Question:  What would you say you learned from Psalm 26 ?